Re: problem with DragonFly in Qemu

To: dark0s Optik <shiftcoder@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:07:19 +0200

dark0s Optik wrote:
I've a Slackware GNU/Linux with Qemu 0.9.1.
I installed DragonFlyBSD 2.0.1 over Qemu. dragonFly has ed0 ethernet
interface, but it don't connect to internet.

#cat /etc/rc.conf

ifconfig_ed0="DHCP"

#ifconfig -a
lp0...
ed0 with IP address 10.0.2.15

How can I to do connect DragonFly (over Qemu) to internet?

This is not related to DragonFly but to Qemu in general. IMHO the best way to connect a qemu instance to the internet is by using NAT. I wrote a HOWTO a few days ago:

http://www.ntecs.de/blog/articles/2008/10/07/qemu-on-freebsd-7/

Regards,

Michael