Re: VLC problem running on DragonFly 2.0.0

From: "Archimedes Gaviola" <archimedes.gaviola@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 21:58:12 +0800

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Max Herrgaard <herrgaard@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi, Archimedes.
>
>> I have successfully installed VLC in DragonFly 2.0.0 using pkgsrc
>> (2008Q2) but somehow when try to run it, its process died and get core
>> dumped.
>>
>> pid 22714 (vlc), uid 1002: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
>
> Have you tried to ktrace it?
>

> -Max

Hi Max,

This problem has something to do with the sound card since it wasn't
detected by DragonFly on default installation. By default, VLC is run
with audio enabled. With --no-audio parameter, it just works fine.
Anyway, I'll try to dig up on the appropriate sound card driver of my
laptop.

Thanks,
Archimedes