Re: Sony PCG-R505EL

From: Thomas Nikolajsen <thomas.nikolajsen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:58:06 +0200

>Failing that, what do I need to make available via nfs to accomplish a
>pxeboot?  I see we have a /boot/pxeboot_tftp, but what needs to be under
>the NFS root?

Net booting is very easy if using our liveCD,
the installer has a menu point on front page for setting host up as netboot server.
(setup can be gleaned from installer files)

diskless(7) describes operation nicely, with pointers to e.g. pxeboot(8).

Btw: Will check that this still works after kernel & modules moved to /boot.

 -thomas