Re: Would Matthew Dillon port HAMMER fs to FreeBSD?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:08:13 -0700 (PDT)

:2008/9/30 km b <kmb810@gmail.com>:
:>
:> Is there a guide/some documentation for porting process (not just to
:> FreeBSD) but any other BSD OS?
:> The bare minimum requirements (e.g., VFS interface expected from the
:> OS in question) and how one should process?
:>
:
:Have you looked at: http://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammer/index.shtml
:
:The PDF file have some information for porting.
:
:--

    Yah, there isn't a whole lot of info available on porting except
    my scribbling.  The way to proceed is to start working on it and
    throw questions at me.  But one really needs to already have some
    familiarity with BSD VFSs and the VOP operations API before beginning.

					<dillon@backplane.com>