Re: USB keyboard

To: stefan.johannesdal@xxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:30:42 +0200

Stefan Johannesdal schrieb:
Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Stefan Johannesdal
<stefan.johannesdal@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

I have encountered a slightly annoying problem. When using my USB keyboard
with a SMP enabled kernel it simply won't work and I have to plug my old PS2
keyboard back in and reboot to get a working keyboard. With a UP kernel the
USB keyboard works as it should.

Any ideas?

This could be related to the following patch:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/src/sys/bus/usb/usb.c?rev=1.49&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Please try to set the following tunable at boot-time:

hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration=0

Regards,

Michael