Re: Lockless kernel failed?

From: Antonio Huete Jimenez <ahuete.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:11:50 +0200

Justin C. Sherrill escribió:
On Thu, July 17, 2008 10:01 am, elekktretterr@exemail.com.au wrote:
I'm looking at the SoC page at the wiki for LockLess Kernel, and it says
"Summer Of Code failed", is it true? Its a pity as it was the single one
SoC project Ive been really looking forward to. :(

Yeah - it was a huge project, and Robert's back surgery really held his schedule back. It still may continue - just not on the Summer of Code schedule, which has less than 5 weeks remaining.

As it is a huge project, I think that this might have been foreseen. Splitting the whole project in two or more parts and assigning to different applicants would have been a nice idea in my opinion.

Regards,
Antonio Huete