Hammer on my laptop

From: Johannes Hofmann <johannes.hofmann@xxxxxx>
Date: 16 Jul 2008 15:06:58 GMT

about a week ago I got a new 250GB disk for my laptop and reinstalled
it with a huge hammer partition for /usr and /home.
Until now I didn't have any issues. It just works fine.
And the new features that hammer offers are great!
A ufs file system check would have taken ages on a 200GB partition.
And the history retention feature is pretty addictive. Once you get used
to it you will probabely no longer feel safe on a normal file system :-)
I haven't started looking into the mirroring stuff but I can imagine
that this will simplify my backups a lot.

Cheers,
Johannes

PS: Hammer development should be sponsored by harddisk manufacturers!