Re: GSoC: LiveCD

From: Louisa Luciani <lolaluci@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:34:11 +0200

Louisa Luciani wrote:
> The GSoC is now upon us and so it is time to hear what you guys would
> like to see on the new and improved:
> DragonFly "The X Edition" Live-CD
> ;)
>
> Since I do not want to start an unmanageable discussion, I'd like to
> receive your replies privately so that I can return with the compiled
> results, and the discussion can continue from there. Everyone's input is
> valuable, so please, the more mail the better.
> Basically, I have four questions:
>
> 1. What tools do you, as a developer want available?
>
> 2. What programs do you, as a casual/power user want available?
>
> 3. What DragonFly specific features are worth including?
> fairq, vkernels, hammer preview, +more ?
>
> 4. Any other random ideas or opinions concerning Live-CDs?

You can now find all the suggestions I have received so far here:
http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/LiveDVDGSoC
feel free to add stuff under 'suggestions'.

Perhaps we can begin by discussing the desktop environment/window
manager (Everyone who has emailed me so far has a different opinion on
this). e.g. What are your experiences? Do we want more qt or gtk programs?

--
Louisa Luciani
www.lolaluci.se/lolaluci@gmail.com.asc