Re: USB scanner unrecognized on 1.11-DEVELOPMENT

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:14:28 +0100

Hasso Tepper wrote:
Francois Tigeot wrote:
However, I found out there's was a difference between a standalone
uscanner module and one compiled in the kernel.

Standalone module:
	- original -> nothing
	- patched -> nothing

Note that loading module doesn't rescan devices. You have to unplug and plug again the device to rescanning happen.

That sucks. We should do that, or at least operate on the previously detected devices.

cheers
  simon