Re: Hunting for missing ACPI interrupt

From: David Murray <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:48:54 +0100

Hi Walt,

On Sun 19/8/07 11:12 pm, walt wrote:

David Murray wrote:
I've got box here where the front-panel power button has never worked - it doesn't shut the system down...
My BIOS has setable options for how the power switch should behave, e.g. how many seconds I must hold it down before the power actually shuts off. Does your BIOS have something similar?

Pressing and holding does turn the power off, without any interaction with Dragonfly.

My problem is with pressing and releasing the power button. That should cause the ACPI system to have Dragonfly shut down cleanly. But it seems the interrupt that starts this process never arrives at its handler, and it's that that I'm trying to diagnose.

-- David Murray