"Ekiga" on DragonFly

From: arnuld <geek.arnuld@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 05:58:48 +0000

i wanted to voice-chat with my friends. had anybody able to compile
and run Ekiga sucessfully ?

Ekiga is not in ports but i think it is a better alternative than Skype as:

1.) we don't need to run Linux emulation binaries as source code is
available under GPL.
2.) a much older version 2.0.4 of Ekiga was ported to FreeBSD. since
DragonFly was (or is ?) based on FreeBSD i think it is easy to port it
to here. the latest is 2.0.9

please post your views.

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/