Re: benchmarks

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:34:27 +1000

On 4/17/07, Haidut <haidut@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool, I'll try NetBSD 3.1 and then upgrade to -current and bench that as well.

Take care with that, they're going through /their/ heavy threading changes now (a few years late to the party, but they'll probably do a good clean job). I don't know if it's in a bad state or if it will affect a 1-CPU benchmark at all, but worth keeping in mind. FreeBSD 5.x used the "we're threading" line as the reason/excuse for all of its stability and performance problems, and a lot of people were comfortable with that.

---
Dmitri Nikulin

Centre for Synchrotron Science
Monash University