Re: speed of 1.8 vs 1.6

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:26:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, March 28, 2007 7:42 pm, Stephane Russell wrote:
> Is v1.8 of DragonFly significantly faster than 1.6? I mean, is it worth
> the time to upgrade?

I don't think there are significant speed differences between the two
versions.  We're not doing comparative tests between versions, though it
woul be an easy thing for someone to try...

However, the changes in 1.8.1 allow a number of other programs to work
that didn't before, like parts of KDE, so it could be quite worthwhile.