Re: VLAN issues

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:05:45 +0200

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:03:46 +0800
"Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > My issues:
> > 1) No pseudo-interfaces get up. I have to "ifconfig xxxn up" them
> > manually.
>
> It is a bug in vlan code: when set up vlan config, vlan's if_flags
> will be overwritten :(
>
> > 2) VLAN interfaces do not get added as bridge0 members.
>
> vlan does not support promisc mode in current code base
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Would you like to test following patch?
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/vlan.diff
>
> Best Regards,
> sephe
>
> --
> Live Free or Die

Thanks Sephe, applied the patch, now vlan interfaces get activated correctly. However, forwarding still does not work. Here are a couple issues:
1) I have to 'addm' the VLAN interfaces to the bridge manually (they get added correctly then, this did not work at all before).
2) When I try to tcpdump bridge0, I get 'network is down'. I also have to 'up' bridge0 manually.
3) There are still no packets going through. :-(

(See my config in the previous mail.)

PS: the previous patch (http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/vlan_promisc.diff) had been applied before I sent my initial report.

--
Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */