Re: wiki log of #dragonfly irc channel

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:28:49 -0800 (PST)

:When I read the original message I thought it was a joke.  Now that we're
:getting serious, could we please stop?  The idea of obscuring an IRC log
:is preposterous.  IRC isn't authenticated, and the log is only going to
:show nicknames.  What the point of obscurity?  My vote is just leave it
:as is.
:
:--Peter

    Yah, it's pretty silly.  People have been logging IRC sessions and
    putting them up on the web for over a decade.  Nobody should have
    any expectation of privacy on IRC.

					<dillon@backplane.com>