Re: Plans for 1.8+ (2.0?)

From: "Matthieu Guéguen" <mgueguen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:32:50 +0100

On 2/1/07, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
Yah. I think porting ZFS and possibly inventing a new FS or pimping up ZFS can run in parallel and thus ZFS _should_ be done.

cheers
  simon

Yes, I second that. Maybe ZFS could be improved to handle the problems Matt listed. And I think it could be easier than creating a whole new filesystem (and test this new FS, tune it, write tools for it...).

By the way, congrats to all DragonFly developers for this 1.8 release !