Virtual Kernel Update - 14 January

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:40:38 -0800 (PST)

    Another real kernel + virtual kernel recompile is needed for the latest
    changes.

    I have implemented asynch I/O for VKE (the network).  I did this by
    implementing SIGIO support for kqueue and kqueue support for TAP.  It
    isn't the most efficient solution, but it isn't bad either since the
    virtual kernel sets up SIGIO as a mailbox signal.

    Ping times from my test box to the virtual kernel are now around 35uS
    when idle, and around 100uS when busy.  This is really quite good
    considering what the virtual kernel has to go through.

    --

    The one remaining issue on the virtual kernel hot list is a high
    resolution clock interrupt.  I think it is possible to do it using a

    We branch on tuesday.  The release is in 2 weeks.

					<dillon@backplane.com>