problem finding dynamic library

From: "j s" <joes1958@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 07:19:26 -0800

Good morning,

I'm trying to resolve the following error on a Dfly 1.7.0 system:

imapd: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.2: \
      Shared object "libstdc++.so.7" not found, required by "libfam.so.0"

To get around the current issue I've linked libstdc++  to /usr/pkg/lib
which is searched and the problem is, temporarily, resolved.

I haven't been able to reconfigure the /var/run/ld-elf.so.hints file
to look anywhere other than /usr/pkg/lib.

A point in the right direction would be mighty helpful.

Joe

ps.  as an aside, I've been running dfy 1.4 pf firewall for about 1 year
   with no troubles.  three cheers for the dfly team