Re: Oops..partitioning error

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:02:30 +0100

On 2007-01-03 15:27, Oliver Fromme wrote:
Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
> [...]
> > cvsup -g -L 2 /usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-release1_6-supfile
> > [...]
> > The Handbook also talks about this at great length:
> > http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/
> > Thanks. I had read that, but I didn't realize that was the only to get > an update release.

Using cvsup to update your source to the latest ones on a
"release branch" is the standard way to do it, and I think
it's very convenient.  On FreeBSD you do the same (and it's
the only way there, too, or at least the only officially
supported way).

There might be tarballs of the latest sources you can download if you don't like to use cvsup, or use rsync. It should be possible to build your own installation-images which can be burned to a CD and used when doing a new install. You could also check the mirrors to see is someone have already done so.

Of course, at the moment it might be worth waiting a while and get 1.8 when it's released.

-- Erik Wikström