Re: Problems booting - stack overflow at boot menu [ updated ]

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:31:06 -0800 (PST)

:I just downloaded/burned the 1.6-rel image and encounter the same problem.
:
:FreeBSD 4.x installs fine, although the 6.x loader is hit or miss --
:sometimes it locks up during the countdown sequence, and sometimes it works
:'normally'.  Is it possible that my hardware is crap and needs to be put to
:rest?
:
:--
:Matt Emmerton

    I don't think its your hardware.  I think the loader is just too complex
    and it makes it a real pain to figure out what the cause of these
    failures are.

					<dillon@backplane.com>