Re: request for port mod_fcgid

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:12:34 -0600 (CST)

> Maybe it's time for a pkgsrc@dragonfly.org then?
> Having working packages is a really important part for users of
> dragonfly. I would think it's of this is in the best interest of the
> community.
> What do you guys think?

The volunteers who work on DragonFly have decided to take advantage of a
package systems that supports DragonFly well, has a community to assist,
bug tracking system, stable/security branch, known vulnerabilities
database, etc.

I am not sure how having another mailing list will help.

This thread itself had nothing to do with working package for "DragonFly".
It was just a request for a package to be made in the first place. (And I
made it under NetBSD for the original poster and he tested on DragonFly.)

If you know of any broken packages on DragonFly that is specific to
DragonFly, you can probably use an existing DragonFly list to discuss. If
the problem is not specific to DragonFly, then just consider using the
pkgsrc-users@pkgsrc.org list.