Re: option 'create' of ifconfig

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:45:35 +0100

Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
What would you like to achieve?

A mounth ago, I posted about a possible bonding feature in DragonFly. I would like create a bonding feature in Dragonfly, then I must to program in C language, but I don't want create a module as in Linux. I think that is better and simplier modify the ifconfig command to support an option wich allow to create a virtual interface that it bonds multiple physical interfaces.

That above mentioned is my idea.

Ehm, why do you want to "chain" or "cluster" or "bond" multiple interfaces into one single interface? I cannot see the purpose.