Re: Idle question about multi-core processors

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:01:02 -0800

Erik Wikström wrote:
"640k should be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." (Allegedly from T. J. Watson)

Interestingly, I think this may end up being true if you replace "computers" with "compute clouds" (that is, the type of services that Amazon and Google are moving towards).