Re: ftpd is slow

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:53:09 +0800

On 10/30/06, Eugene <communique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eli Green wrote:
> Is your FTP daemon doing reverse DNS lookups on an unfindable address?
> That can significantly slow the connection down.
So, does FTP daemon look for addresses like 192.168.1.1 in a DNS base by
default? And how can I turn this off?

You can test whether it is a DNS problem by putting following line in /etc/hosts: 192.168.1.1 test-machine

By the way, my DNS replies very slowly, too, and I have a problem with
my provider's DNS, because the last one drops about 30% of my machine's
requests.

Best Regards, sephe

--
Live Free or Die