Re: watchdog timeout with nfe(4)

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:16:36 -0400

On 10/22/06, Eli Green <eli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey all,

I'm having problems with the onboard ethernet on a new motherboard (ASUS
A8N-VM CSM) which is the GeForce 6150 / nForce 430 combination board. I
think that's an "MCP51". The card is only connected to an ADSL modem
with a 10baseT port. Nothing fancy.

When I first load if_nfe, I get nfe0, an mii and an e1000phy.

Whenever I try to configure the card, there's a significant delay while
the machine freezes (around 2-3 seconds), then it returns to me without

e1000phy needs very long time to finish auto-negociation.

errors. Once I try to communicate with the ADSL modem (which has an HTTP
interface, so I try telnetting to that and/or pinging it), nothing
happens and I get watchdog timeout errors.

Try using: sysctl kern.emergency_intr_enable=1 sysctl kern.emergency_intr_freq=10 as mentioned in: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2006-10/msg00240.html

Best Regards,
sephe

--