Re: Distribution sets

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:06:16 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi all,
:
:I have a quick question about Dfly binary sets. Most other *BSDs are
:distributed both as both ISO files and as separate tgz sets. For
:instance i can either download the NetBSD ISO installation file or I
:can download the individual "base.tgz", "etc.tgz", "comp.tgz", etc and
:decide which one to install. Does Dfly distribute the individual
:binary sets *base, userland, etc) or is it only in the form of ISO
:file? If there are binary sets available please let me know where I
:can download them.
:Thanks.

    No, we don't create binary distribution sets for the base system.
    You can upgrade the base system from source very easily using:

    (with the source checked out to /usr/src)
    cd /usr/src
    make buildworld
    make installworld
    make upgrade

    There are of course issues when upgrading from very old DragonFly
    installs to very new ones, but we've tried to make that sequence
    as painless as possible.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>