Re: Network Slowdowns?

From: "Miguel Figueiredo Mascarenhas Sousa Filipe" <miguel.filipe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:35:31 +0100

On 10/12/06, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 09:47:56AM +0100, Miguel Figueiredo Mascarenhas Sousa Filipe wrote:
> Just to add that the fastest ssh ciphers I've tested are:
> blowfish-cbc

Good alternative to AES for most applications and often much faster.

> arcfour

Be careful when using RC4. As it is stream chiffre, it should be used
with care on untrusted networks. They have the major issue of allowing
pretty precise blind corruption, against which the ssh checksum is only
a partial protection.

``openssl speed XXX'' is your friend :-)

yes! although I've read some while ago, that openssh seems to implement itseft a few ciphers instead of relying on openssl. :-]

Joerg

--
Miguel Sousa Filipe