Re: Looking for HowTo instructions ...

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:02:34 -0300

The point of using periodic, at least under FreeBSD, is that there is a 'report' that is issued at the end of the monthly periodic run letting the admin know the status of various things on their servers ...

So, for instance, it would give them a monthly reminder that the script *is* running on their machine ...