Re: external usb hard drive

To: Bryan Berch <dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 03:14:46 +0200

Bryan Berch wrote:
I got a usb external hard drive that is 160 gb, but I can not mount it. I get the error "too big sorry". I can mount it in FreeBsd 6.1 by adding the following option in my custom kernel.

option MSDOSFS_LARGE

I didn't find that option in DragonFlyBSD LINT. Is it there and I missed it or is there another way to mount it. I don't really want to repartition the drive.

We don't have MSDOSFS_LARGE, unfortunately. I remember ~90GB being the maximum size I could mount on a DragonFly system. YMMV.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx