Re: how to install gnome ?

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:55:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, September 25, 2006 9:54 am, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> Huh?  Or just pkg_add the gnome meta-pkg...

Yes - except there isn't a binary for that.  In that case, he could build
from source, but it would take forever, and probably bomb out at some
point because it would hit a package it couldn't compile.

Adding the packages manually isn't great, but it'll go way faster, and get
most of the way there.  I don't use gnome, so I can't say specifically how
far to go.