Re: PF version

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:42:17 -0600

Joseph Garcia wrote:
> Gergo Szakal wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed that PF version is the one that was released with OpenBSD 3.7.
>>   Is there any chance that it will be synchronized with upstream soon?
>> There are a few cool features in new versions that I'd like to try out
>> on DF as well. Oh, and I would like to get rid of OBSD as well. ;-)
>
> Just out of curiosity, what features is it that you wanted to try/have
> on DragonFlyBSD from a current version of PF?

I meant for instance the set skip thing that makes PF ignore an
interface completely. Moreover, the log format has changed with OBSD 3.8
and I would like to try out the new Hatchet beta that supports other
BSD's then OBSD in theory. (http://www.dixongroup.net/hatchet/)

> There's one thing on OpenBSD that I haven't tried, yet would be neat to
> have is the trunking. I don't even know if that at all relates to PF, or
> it's only related to the interfaces.

Guess it's related to interfaces only. At least there is no such option
in PF, but IMO it would be irrelevant. :-)