Re: Dvd,dvd,dvd...

To: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:51:45 +0100

Petr Janda wrote:
Hi,
I totally forgot about loader.conf, now the drive gets set to UDMA4 on boot. Its strange, but mplayer still fails on UDMA4, although I can mount the dvd no problem. So added the atacontrol command to rc.local.

Im sure the drive can handle UDMA4 since I remember that in Linux this drive worked perfect in UDMA66 + the manufacturer lists UDMA4 as a supported mode as well.

You're right. I have the same drive and it works perfectly in Windows at UDMA4 / UDMA66. I don't actually have anything else to add but that, so I hope you get your problem solved.

I havent been able to replicate the crash yet after a reboot, but if it happens I'll let you know.

Cheers
Petr