Re: Replacing Sendmail with Postfix in the base system

To: elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:28:57 +0200

elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Seeing that sendmail is old,archaic, not-as-secure and difficult we should
start moving to a better alternative such as Postfix. If anyone has
something against it, raise your hands. Otherwise I'll start trying to do
it.

Petr

Would that include free future maintenance like what we get from the sendmail guys?

So far no one has mentioned the fact that our sendmail stays current without _any_ work required by the developers.

I think that's a great benefit that should be taken into consideration. I haven't looked at how often Postfix puts out new releases, though.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx