Re: System crashes but unsure why

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

:For a while now I get intermittent crashes on one of my dragonfly
:machines currently using head as of 3 days ago.  Basically what
:happens is i start to make buildworld, and ill let that run
:overnight(its a pretty slow machine, dual 433mhz) the next morning the
:buildworld will have finished but the machine is frozen, no error
:messages anywhere that i can find, but the console is unusable and it
:wont respond to pings.  Any ideas on how i can investigate whats
:happening a little more thoroughly, maybe there are error messages but
:I dont know where to look?  The kernel im running has both SMP and
:APIC enabled.
:
:Mobo/cpu:
:ABIT BP6 mobo running dual 433mhz celerons
:--
:Kevin L. Kane
:kevin.kane at gmail.com

    Update to the absolute latest HEAD and continue testing.  Build and
    install a new kernel, reboot, then see if your buildworld is able
    to complete without freezing.

    There was a bug in the scheduler around that time frame (due to all the
    scheduler work I've been doing) that had a 'freeze' effect.  It is
    possible that there are still bugs, I've been doing continuous testing
    myself and tracking down the issues I find.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>