Re: Argh, Stray interrupts 2006

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:21:30 +0200

On 2006-06-02 00:24, Danial Thom wrote:

--- Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01.06.2006, at 20:42, Danial Thom wrote:
> OK, it seems that enabling the printer got
rid of
> the messages. We usually disable the printer
port
> and remove the printer device and it seems
that
> DFLY doesn't like that too much.

Now that you're talking about it: I also
experienced some of those strange problems, and on my box i still get
stray ints (11 I think) when switching virtual consoles or pressing any
*lock key (!?).

It basically means: something fishy is
happening, DragonFly/FreeBSD did notice that, continued working, but told
you. Maybe we can add a sysctl which rate-limits those messages to a
reasonable amount?

cheers
   simon

FreeBSD (4.9+ at least) quashes them after the first dozen or so. But I still don't get why ints are getting generated when no device on that irq has been enabled.

Matt explained it all in an earlier post: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2006-06/msg00011.html

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure