Re: Any serious production servers yet?

From: Danial Thom <danial_thom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:20:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr/~adamo/howto/DragonFlyBSD/ftp-proxy.txt

> Apart from that we are very very happy!
> --
> #include <std/disclaimer.h> /* Yiorgos
> Adamopoulos */

And what kind of volume are you pushing through
your firewalls peak, in terms of bandwidth and
pps?

I guess I should have qualified my question. If
you're pushing less than 100Kb/s then there's
really no reason to spend 3X the dollars on a
multi-core system. So the only real value of an
MP system is how it performs under heavy load, if
you're talking about a server and not a desktop
box.

DT