Re: Shutdown

From: Stefan Krüger <skrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:26:50 +0100

Joseph Garcia wrote:
Typically, I used 'halt -p' instead of 'shutdown -p now'. Now I'm wondering if there's a major difference. Either way, it shutdown my computer.
IIRC you'll get a nice warning when you use shutdown ;-), also your rc.d framework controlled daemons are stopped via etc/rc.d/* stop while halt/reboot just kills them