Re: 80211 patch3 (to be committed)

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 11:19:32 +0800

On 5/5/06, Andrew Thompson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
sephe,

I tried this new patch, but my ath drivers no longer function. They refuse to
load on boot and if I force it manually with a kldload I get a kernel panic.

Please rebuild ath(4) modules

Don't load it on startup, load it manually after you have booted your
system.  if it refuse to load, please give me the messages on console.
I think you may left out something in kernel config.  Please don't
force load a module, it normally will cause a panic :-)

I used your patch against a clean /usr/src and only did a make buildkernel.

That will be OK, since I think you have a "world" from previous patch

Should I have done a make buildworld too? I also tried to make a custom kernel,
maybe I messed up some option I needed. I'm willing to retry with a GENERIC

Yeah, GENERIC should work, but first let's see what you have missed in your config file

kernel or do some debugging of the crash I'm currently getting but I'd need some
information on how to debug kernel panics and what info you'd need.

Sorry for the delays in replying, I've been busy and not too eager to re-break

No need to sorry :-), I know how painful to build something on a slow machine ;-)

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die