Re: Newbie scsi question

From: "Chuck Tuffli" <ctuffli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:04:43 -0700

On 5/3/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
. ..
    It would, but probably not in the fstab file.  What we really
    need is a devfs based disk ID / serial-number / volume label
    type of thing.  Actually what we really need to do is rewrite
    devfs entirely.

What about extending the current disk wiring concept to allow WWN/serial numbers/VPD in addition to bus:target:lun?

---chuck