Re: atheros card and wpa_supplicant

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 07:20:41 +0800

On 4/30/06, Alex Burke <alexjeffburke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I managed to patch the source tree with the latest patch to cbb, and
now the system boots *WITH* the atheros card left in.

I then compiled the atheros driver, and having loaded all the required
modules the card is definitely detected and I see the power light turn
on - it obviosuly probes and attaches, and it is listed under ifconfig
as ath0. So that part I guess is sucess.

I thenattempted to get wpa working, and things fell apart a bit. I
made sure i used the same wpa_supplicant.conf as i had done in FreeBSD
6, it specifies things like the ssid, WPA-PSK, scan_ssid = 1 and
obviously the psk itself.

I ran the build supplicant with this config file, and it said:
pcap_open_live: BIOCSETIF: ath0: Network is down
ifname='ath0'

Have you run at least `ifconfig ath0 up' before `wpa_supplicant -i ath0 -c conf'?

I turned on debugging output, and i saw masses of stuff about EAPOL and it not getting keys, and I assume that means the supplicant was for some reason starting in the wrong mode.

At this point I am not sure what else to do, and help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Alex J Burke.

--
Live Free or Die