Re: New to DragonFly...

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:54:44 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi...
:
:I am checking out DFly since I have been getting more and more frsutrated
:with FreeBSD 5.x and 6.x distro's. I still run 4.11 on all my stuff.
:
:I guess my first real question is, how soon until DFly becomes stable
:enough to use in a production environment? I am not running anything
:fancy, just your basic apache/sendmail/bind/mysql and maybe some spam
:stuff.
:
:-John

    There is one known issue with mysql related to POSIX locks which
    I am working on now, and there could be threading issues since we
    do not have a full posix threading environment yet, but generally
    speaking I think our releases have been more stable then FreeBSD's.

    Still, beware that in order to achieve our clustering goals there is
    still a lot of major surgery going on.  If you need something ultra
    stable, NetBSD or OpenBSD might be a better choice.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>