Re: Thinkpad 570E and Cardbus errors

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:38:48 -0400

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/ath/

> including (unless I am being incredibly numb) where to put is exactly
> in the tree - src/sys/dev? And what about the contrib files, in src/ ?

You can put it _anywhere_ you want, and make the modules in ath/ath
BTW, don't forget to add 'option INVARIANTS' in you kernel config file

> Hopefully having that driver in the kernel will stop my machine
> hanging on startup if the cardbus card is inserted...I think its
> getting mis-deteced as an rl device because it looks like its trying

Do you have an on-board rl(4) card?

Then please apply following patch first (before the 802_11 patch), if
you stick to PREVIEW:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/cbb-apr-09.diff

If you prefer to stay on HEAD, then:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/cbb-apr-23.diff

> to attach to it and thats the last thing on the console.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die