Re: GNU make not installed

From: joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:39:16 +0200

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 08:30:00PM +0200, Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
> The DragonFly's version is 1.4.3.
> I type pkg_add gamke-0.14.5...tgz, but the operation
> fails because there is installed gmake-0.11.6nb6.tgz.

The original ISO was built with gettext-0.11.5 (?), before the big
update. One option to install and keep a system current is pkg_chk, you
specify a list of packages you want and it will keep them current.
For binary-only operation, currently create an empty Makefile in
/usr/pkgsrc and set the package directory with -P explictly to the
remote repository.

The warning about OS version mismatch can normally ignored as long as
the package was build for an *older* version. Vice versa can make
problems, since some bugfixes affect the binary ABI.

Joerg