Re: 1.5.1- devel. installer fail

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:31:18 -0800 (PST)

:Hello All.
:
:I've tried to install a system from 1.5.1-Devel iso-image
:(LATEST-Devel.iso.bz2, 07-Mar-2006). After creating subpartitions
:installer fails when trying to transfer files to new filesystem with the
:message:
:
:Added 30 total items to copy source table
:dfuibe_installer in free():error:chunk is already free
:pid 682 (dfuibe installer), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped).
:
:Anyway, system installing process continued 'by hand' got it up.
:Digging up a core file made no additional info for me.
:Sorry for stupid question, if there was a principal change between DF1.4
:and DF1.5 in the installer or what can be the matter?
:--

    There is a bug in the installer where it is trying to free
    memory twice, and the new malloc code defaults to treating that
    as a fatal error.

    It needs to be fixed, but you can work around it by logging in as
    root and doing this first:

    ln -s a /etc/malloc.conf

    (note: lower case a)

    Then relogin as the installer and it should work.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>