Re: errno contain 672964768

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:04:08 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > But errno has 672964768.
>
> I suspect a bug in the thread switching code of libc_r, but didn't have
> time to fully investigate it. Can you try to create a testcase based on
> what the code is doing?

Not yet.

The libX11 from pkgsrc package has stubs for the various thread
definitions like pthread_self. This libX11.so doesn't use
libc_r.

The libX11 from modular that I am using didn't build or use the
UIThrStubs.c stubs file, because pthread_self was detected. But this
libX11.so library doesn't appear to use libc_r either.

Looking closer, it appears nothing (in the modular Xorg) is built using
"-pthread" except the "ico" program.

I am guessing it is related: I can run the X server fine. I can run the X
clients fine to a remote X server. But it crashes with signal 11 when a
client attempts to run on the new X server. The X server runs and on the
console it just continues to dump a message from the WaitFor routine about
that bogus errno=672964768.

I also tried with the stubs built into libX11 and then also with the safe
API definition, but no luck. Now I am rebuilding the rest of X now that I
have built libX11 with the stubs.

I am not sure how I can code a small portion of this for testing because
it is in the middle of ton of X server code and I am not sure what else is
going on.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'