Re: excel files

From: Eli Green <eli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:22:31 -0500

Gnumeric doesn't seem to be in the pkgsrc binaries but it's probably
easier to get to compile than OpenOffice. I think it's definitely less
bloaty.

Depending on how fancy the .xls files are, you could try antiexcel (a
perl script, I believe). I think it just outputs text, hopefully
there's a CSV-output option.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/antiexcel/

Its counterpart, antiword, is available as a binary packages and does a
good job if you don't need to be able to edit .doc files.