Re: Debugging device drivers

From: Francis GUDIN <fgudin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:56:04 +0100

On Wednesday, 11 January 2006 at 16:43:46 -0500, Brian Reichert wrote :
> VMware?  Qemu?  Bochs?
>
> Dunno if these would be useful to you...

A simulated SoundBlaster wouldn't help much with XMMS ;-)
I'm talking *real hardware* here: my legacy ISA SB16 doesn't show up
with DFly whereas FreeBSD can use it. That's the point.

To get a bit further: would a gentle hacker explain how is devices
discovery and initialization done, even quickly in a few words, pse ?
I'm really lost with PNP or not, buses architecture and all.
Oh, pse: no need to tell me "go get 4.4BSD D&I...", it didn't help me
much.

Francis.