Problems building libintl

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:55:55 +0000

Sorry if this is a repost, but the last 2 posts never appeared on the list,
AFAICT.

I'm trying to install xfce4 on yesterday's dfly snapshot.  When it couldn't
find libintl, I tried to install it again as a package, and while it was
listed in the contents in the pkg database under /var/db/pkg/gettext-lib,
xfce4 couldn't find libintl.so.  So I tried to build it from scratch, but
. /configure produced the error 'compiler unable to create executables.'

What the heck could this be?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.