Fwd: How do I instal Dragonfly BSD from a hard drive - rather than CD?

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:54:22 +0100

Hi guys,

Forwarded to the users list (The forwarded post is below) and also a reply to
this guy. I know it's a troll, but I thought it was way too funny for you
guys to miss. It nearly made me choke on my morning coffee. This guy owes me
a new keyboard because coffee | nose > keyboard.

Heck for this reason alone I'll bite ;)

Hi Pete.

DragonFly can infact be installed from a harddrive. If you searched the
archives of the mailing list, you see that it's possible. oh, and why use a
harddrive? You can also install via PXE and netboot, just as easy. (well, not
really as easy, but it's definately not rocket science).

As for your bootable CD argument, well, that's why they invented CD
rewritables. You know, those things you can erase and rewrite.

Installing in windows is not possible, was never possible, and will never be
possible. DragonFly is not a windows application. It's a full blown operating
system that wants absolute control over your hardware. It's way easy to just
dedicate a partition for DragonFly and just boot from network/cd and install.

Cheers,
Emiel

PS: It really doesn't hurt to use full english words. You should try it
sometime. Maybe people will take you seriously.