Overall usability in 1.4?

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:04:37 +0000

Hi all,

the timer problems I was having with DFly forced me to install and use FBSD
5.4 to get some things done.  Blech.  I see though that Matt seems to have
tracked the problem down, and that means I'm ready to return to the fold.
Nice going Matt!  And thanks, Stefan, for helping pinpoint the issue.

I fooled around a bit with pkgsrc before wiping out DFly, but I need to make
sure of a couple of things, to the degree possible.  Do we prefer xorg or
XFree86 these days?  Does the installation run pretty cleanly?  I remember
with the old dfports system I always had issues.

Also, how can I check which ports are working well?  I need Firefox, which is
pretty common, but sbcl Lisp might not be.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.